Camp Diversity Foundation
The Camp Diversity Foundation gives kids a chance to go to a Christian summer camp for boys in the mountains of Western North Carolina.
Partner Organizations Responsibilities
Identify and help select boys who are in your care for attendance to Camp Rockmont (what an opportunity!).
- 10-12 years old
- economically disadvantaged...but not with behavioral problems. Camp Rockmont’s behavioral code of conduct expects mutual respect for all. Physical or emotional bullying, inappropriate language, running away, or other behaviors that are disruptive to the camp program and/or deliberately and negatively affecting the experience of others may result in discipline and dismissal from camp.
Act As Liaison and Ambassador
You will be the liaison and ambassador to the camper and his family as they prepare for this incredible opportunity.
- Have registration form (PDF) mailed to The Diversity Foundation at least 4 weeks prior to arrival at camp.
- Help families arrange for campers’ physical exams, and get health forms mailed to camp at least 4 weeks prior to arrival at camp.
- Help families, financially and literally, collect and pack (Packing List PDF) items needed for camp.
- Carry campers’ prescription meds in their original container with child’s name and dosage information to the camp nurse.
- Camper contact with home is prohibited unless approved by the Camp Rockmont Director. Please tell campers that cell phones are prohibited and that they will not be able to call home from camp. Parents or agents of the sponsoring organization may call and speak to the director or camp counselor.
Provide a Chaperone
- Minimum 18 years old.
- Submit a completed Chaperone Registration Form, including a signed voluntary disclosure statement.
- Submit the following:
- Completed criminal background check
- Completed check of the U.S. Department of Justice National Sex Offender Public Website or verification that a check of the sex offender registry of all fifty states has been completed.
- Volunteer chaperones will not be allowed to remain at Camp Rockmont without a completed background check on file.
Make travel arrangements
- Provide transportation to and from Camp Rockmont for campers and volunteer chaperones.
- We strongly recommend charter service or rental vans. If using a driver other than that provided by a licensed transportation company, we recommend you obtain a Motor Vehicle record from your state’s Department of Motor Vehicles or through a commercial agency on anyone that will be driving members of your group to and/or from Camp Rockmont.
- All groups should arrive Sunday evening between 3:00 and 4:00 pm.
Important—do not arrive earlier!
- All groups should depart Friday between 9:00 and 10:00 am.
- If a camper and/or chaperone is dismissed from camp for behavioral issues, or medical reasons, or for any other cause, it is the responsibility of the sponsoring organization to provide transportation home.
8 White Palmer Court
Biltmore Lake, NC 28715 Camp Rockmont
375 Lake Eden Rd
Black Mountain, NC 28711